Sunday 16 October 2011

Porpoises And Cat-Eyes

Hello ^ - ^ I've had such a fun day today :D I volunteered to do a marine mammal survey, so today at 12 a group of us students took a minibus up to a lighthouse a bit further up the coast from where the uni is and did the survey. It was beautiful. We were on a bit of land jutting out from the rest of the coastline, just us and a lighthouse. The sun was shining and the sea was glittering...and I forgot my camera > . <

We were there for two hours, literally just sitting on the cliff watching the water for marine mammals. About ten minutes in we spotted a group of porpoises! It was so exciting ^ - ^ There were about 8 of them, and they stayed the entire time, jumping right out of the water occasionally :D We didn't see any whales though, which was a shame, even though we had been told that they were a rarer sight.

After a rather chilly (despite the sun) couple of hours we went back and ate some pizzas all warm and cosy in my room ^ - ^ A very nice way to spend the day :)

Last night I went out with some of my friends, it was quite a low key event, so I just wore a navy play suit with white bows, little black pumps and a grey cardigan. I had medium thick cat-eye eyeliner, white eyeliner on my waterline and subtle glimmery taupe eyeshadow over my lids. I also wore mascara and pink blush, but I forgot to take photos, D'oh > . <

For this look I used: Rimmel London Hide the Blemish Concealer in 001 Ivory (for under my eyes), Rimmel London Soft Kohl pencil liner in 061 Jet Black (for tightlining my upper lids), Rimmel London Glam' Eyes eyeshadow in 160 Punchy Taupe, L'Oreal Superliner Liquid Eyeliner in black (the exact number has been rubbed off the tube from overuse :P ) and Natural Collection Eye Lines pencil liner in white (for my water line). I would be wearing Bad Gal mascara by Benefit if I had remembered to take a photo with it on XD

Next week is my anniversary with my boyfriend, I can't wait to give him my gifts ^ - ^

Sunny xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment