Monday 8 October 2012

(Late) September Favourites!

September has been such an amazing month! Back to uni, my first time living in a house without my parents (scary scary), fresher’s, and the start of my second year! With every new month comes new favourites, so here are a few of mine:


Umberto Giannini Overnight Beauty Moisture Balm :
This stuff is magical, it feels like a really thick moisturiser for your hair. I don’t use it every night, just when my hair feels a little dry (especially recently as it’s getting colder and windier). When you put it on it feels a bit greasy and too much, but as you sleep it sinks in and makes your hair look much better conditioned and less dry. It also lasts for ages, I’ve had mine so long that they’ve changed the packaging of it! I noticed in Boots the other day that the drawing of the girl on the front has changed :P


John Frieda Frizz Ease Curl Reviver Styling Mousse :
After washing my hair I run a small amount of this mousse through my hair and it helps keep my wild lions mane of hair under control. Especially when I leave my hair to air dry, but this also helps when I blow dry it too. I really love the Frizz Ease collection, but this is the one thing I always have to have, it’s become a necessity, and although I use it all year round it’s become especially useful now that the weather’s been turning.

Re-Gen Cream :
Unsurprisingly my favourite new product of last month, in conjunction with my Clarisonic Mia (not a favourite this month as I haven’t been using it long enough) my skin has been looking so much clearer, for a full review look here.

Benefit Benetint Lip Balm :
Benefit’s famous Benetint stain as a lip balm, it’s so convenient to carry around in my bag and top up if I’m on a night out. The colour is rich and glossy, it’s a lot deeper in colour than a lip balm and it gives a lot of colour (not as much as a lipstick of course), but I love using this when I want a bit of colour on my lips.

Non beauty favourites:
Pokemon! :
I never really got into Pokemon when I was little, but all my housemates (and my boyfriend :P) play it.  So one of them gave me his old gameboy and Pokemon Red, and I’m now obsessed. We once spent a very hungover morning (technically afternoon :P) all sitting in the living room, not talking, just playing Pokemon. We’re such wild Uni students :P

Firefly :
The most favouritest of my favourites of this month! How have I never seen this show before!? In my first week here it was only me and my housemate Ben in the house, and he bought Firefly on a whim because he heard it was good. Our friend Amy really, really loves Firefly, so we all watched the entire series over three days, just curling up on the sofa in the evening (this was before fresher’s so there weren’t many nights out) and watching three of four episodes in one go. We still have Serenity to watch, but once that’s been seen it’s all over! I almost don’t want to watch it so I can know that’s there’s still more to go....


Sunny xxxxx

4 comments:

  1. I love John Frieda products. They are my favorite.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really love this review :)))
    Lovely blog :)
    Im following you now, mind to follow back? Kisses <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hair balm sounds incredible...Jealous! Wish they sold it here in the States!
    That is a VERY old gameboy!! Hahahahaha so old school! XD Pokemon definitely is a good game...but I always get stuck in a cave no matter which version I play...

    ReplyDelete