Wednesday 22 February 2012

Natural Collection Cover Up Stick Review

My mum sent me this concealer as part of last weeks parcel, I've been using it all week, so now I can give my thoughts :) It's the Natural Collection Cover Up Stick, mine is in the shade 'Fair'.



Firstly I like the packaging, it's not overly pretty or girly (which I usually like), but it's sleek, compact and simple. It's really easy to take in your bag for on the go touch ups.



For the product itself I think it's a good daytime, casual concealer. I found the coverage isn't quite enough to cover up my monsters of dark undereye circles, but it does brighten the area and make them seem less awful. It's really good a covering blemishes I've found, the texture is slightly creamy, so it's easy to blend.



However I have found that I can't use it too much on dry areas, but I have this problem with a lot of products (the skin between and slightly above my eyebrows is always like this > . <) so I can't blame this one for having the same issue. Also I do have to reapply it whenever I wear it alone without primer, but it's not that much effort to add a bit more :P

Pricewise this is amazing, £1.99 each. That's hardly anything, I buy more expensive sandwiches :P

Overall I really like this, I'd use one of my other concealers for nights out though, for when I need better staying power and more coverage. But for general day to day wear I've been loving this concealer all this week.

Side note : I walked to my tutorial in the wind and rain today (40 minutes there and back > . <) when I got back my hair was SO big and fluffy :P I have to admit it was quite fun walking in the wind with my hair blowing out all around me :P I felt like a slightly soggy supermodel XD



Sunny xxxxx

22 comments:

  1. look like amazing products...thanks for sharing...

    a kiss from the
    cocobloggers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've seen this brand in the states before. Looks very nice. :D
    I have the same problem...The area slightly above my eyebrows seems to get dry really fast, but my forehead usually breaks out. ._. The life of combination skin is not an easy one...
    Your hair is very nice! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain > . < I always have to double moisturise that area, such a hassle! :P x

      Delete
  3. I have exactly the same problem, the skin between my eyebrows is always so dry, so frustrating! This product sounds interesting though - at such a good price it's definitely worth a try! x

    so-phee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the things I really love about the Natural Collection is their cheap prices :) x

      Delete
  4. looks good on you!


    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tagged you to do 'The 11 Questions Tag' check out my post for more details and what questions I set for you! :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have that concealer too (^^)/
    Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. not gonna lie, walking while the wind is blowing your hair is awesome, haha! ;)

    this concealer looks good, very affordable! and i like the packaging too!

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Udderly Smooth Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post!
    and to be honest, your hair actually looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks :P I had to brush it for agesss to get the knots out afterwards though > . <

      Delete
  9. I found this concealer just too cakey on my dry skin, unfortunately.
    Some of the Boots Natural Collection is great though. If you have a good scout around the counter they often have some great eye shadows with fantastic colour pay off. Not bad at all to say everything is £1.99! :)

    http://ramblingsofabeautyjunkie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the Natural Collection prices, and I avoid using this on my dry areas > . < it can be so annoying sometimes! :P x

      Delete
  10. i have to say your hair does look good. so natural and feminine. :) you are a gorgeous girl... :) hope you're having a great wknd!

    xoxo
    jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the feeling of the wind blowing through my hair. It's refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, sounds great for the price. I normally HATE cover up sticks though as they are quite hard, go cakey on the skin and seem to pressure the skin under my eyes more than I'd like. Though to be honest, I haven't used one in years so maybe my issues were down to lack of experience.

    Laura x
    http://firstclassramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete