Wednesday 27 June 2012

Witch Stick Review

I'm back home! I'm sorry for being realllllly rubbish with keeping up with my blog for this past week (only 1 post and no time to look at other peoples blogs = hell :P), but I've had the loveliest time catching up with friends and staying at my boyfriend's house :)

I've done a lottttt of walking this past week, and I mean a lot, it's three and a half miles from my boyfriend's house into town, there are no buses near his house and he can't drive. And I've sprained a ligament in my leg :P But now I am home and I have time to heal (and have a cool new knee bandage now, so I can do gentle exercise whilst I heal).

Anyway, whenever I leave home my skin gets bad, really bad. I don't keep up with my skincare routine very well, I don't eat healthily (why pay for salad at a restaurant when you can pay for bacon?), and I drink....a lot :P So unsurprisingly I've broken out, not really really badly, but still not exactly nice.

So I decided to pick up a Witch Stick, this is a product I haven't used since I was 15 (when I suffered with REALLY bad breakouts) and I honestly don't know why I didn't buy another one sooner. This little blue stick contains witch hazel (unsurprisingly :P) which is a great plant extract well known for its anti inflammatory properties.


I just dot this onto where I need it once in the morning and once in the evening, after cleansing my face, and let it do its magic. It seems to work best on large icky spots, drying them out in one or two days until they're just a small red mark, once it's at this stage my usual face washing routine clears them up and I don't need the Witch Stick anymore.


Overall I really like this product, it helps spots and pimples dry and clear up a lot faster than they would if left alone. However as it is in stick form, I'm a little concerned about the hygiene factor of using the same stick for every spot. But it hasn't seemed to have any adverse affect on my skin because of that, so the antibacterial properties of the stick must kill anything gross :P

You can pick this up at Boots for £2.89 which is a complete bargain as it lasts for ages, depending on how often you break out.
Sunny xxxxx

11 comments:

  1. I have never even heard of this before!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so nice for my acne! D: Does it leave any scarring afterwards and how long does it take for one pimple to go away?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't leave scarring, it just dries out the spot :) And it takes about two days for the pimple to turn into a red mark (like when a big spot is healing and about to go away) and then the witch stick doesn't work anymore on those, so it just depends on your skincare routine for how long that stage takes to go away :) Hope this helps ^ - ^ x

      Delete
  3. I love these, the only problem I find is that the product breaks out of the container easily x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That happened to me all the time when I used to buy these, it gets stuck in the lid and then you pull the whole thing out by accident > . < So annoying, hasn't happened to this one yet... :P x

      Delete
  4. I remember using this all the time when I was at school it was so good! I don't know why I ever stopped using it :P
    xx
    Thanks for the comment - I'm going to upload a private video then when I get the balls I might make it public :P

    http://changingtidesofsummer.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay :) When you make it public I look forward to watching it ^ - ^ x

      Delete
  5. I have this too! But it didn't work very well for me >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's a shame :( I always wish there could be just one magic product to fix everything ever, that would be so simple :P x

      Delete
  6. How do you get rid of little red marks that are left from this stick? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly just time, it's annoying but they tend to stay for a couple of weeks. I've just bought a product called Re-Gen cream which I've heard helps to fade these marks faster, once it's been delivered and I've tried it out I'll be doing a review on it :) x

      Delete